Several years ago I got a few packs of "turnovers" called "The Carolers" from Christa's Quilts shop. I finally decided to do something with them, and started randomly sewing the triangles together. After trying them this way and that way on the quilt wall, I ended up with this:
Right now it's waiting in my UFO pile for some cute yellow fabric for the outer border to come in the mail.
And here it is, ready to go to its home with the daughter of friends in town.
finished October 7, 2016
There were quite a few green and black triangles left, as well as a few red and blue and yellow. I decided to try a Barn Raising effect along with several different half-yard pieces of yellow yardage. Add a green fat quarter from my stash and a mild black print for the borders, and it came out really nice.